Are you in your 40s, 50s, maybe just your 30s, and think you are too old to get fit? Have a look at these people, to whom you are just a young whippersnapper.Ray ClarkRay Clark was born the year the Titanic sank, started exercising at age 99 and now, at 102, is still going.He doesn't do it alone, of course. He has help from his personal fitness trainer. Who happens to be 70.
Fred ArchambaultMaybe Ray is a bit too old to really relate to him. We need someone younger. Like Fred Archambault, who does some good pull-ups at the tender age of 88.Sam BryantLet's see some serious muscle. Sam Bryant is 70 and only started working out at 44.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xorz4e-J5xMErnestine ShepardThose are all men. Where are the women? Ernestine Shepard started exercising at 56 and is now 74. Watch the video: would you have guessed she was this old and started that late?Tao Porchon-LynchHow about the world's oldest yoga teacher? Tao Porchon-Lynch is 93 and has no plans for stopping.Johanna QuaasLast but not least, Johanna Quaas, who at 86 does stuff on the parallel bars that would leave me searching for limbs that moments ago were in entirely different places.When Is It Really Too Late?In my opinion, as long as you can move a finger, you still have a muscle you can control. And as long as you can do that, you still have a bit of say where your health is going.But that's for those for whom even retirement is already distant past. All of you below 50, just start small and see where it takes you. Any little bit that makes you fitter helps.Picture courtesy of Justin Henry.
Subscribe to EC
- What Is Cardio And Why Should You Do It?
- Home Workout Plan For Beginners
- Home Workout Plan For Teenagers
- How To Do Pull-Ups Without A Pull-Up Bar
- Home Workout Plan For Women
- Home Workout For Girls
- Intermediate Home Workout Plan
- How To Do Crunches
- How To Start Cardio For Beginners
- How To Do Push-Ups For Beginners
- Tiana: Interesting information.Q1- how long should I the workout for?Q2- m
- Amit: Your article is a great support and favour to me. Thanks a Tonne
- hannah: i get what you mean you should start easy like going for runs or fast walks
- FlyingWhaleLord: I can kind of do push-ups, but using my fists hurts a lot. Should I just ke
- Dave: I'm not sure what you were reading, but it says that his reps were 12 to 15