Most vegans suffer discrimination, says a new survey. But could it be that they discriminate before being discriminated?Being Vegan Ain't EasyA large European internet portal for vegans polled its members about their experiences with discrimination due to their lifestyle (German language).More than 1,000 responded, of whom a formidable majority were women (70%).How do they feel that society reacts to their vegan set of mind?
- 92.1% said they were mocked for their lifestyle
- 71.7% got accused of extremism
- 48.5% were asked to eat a non-vegan meal
- 24.9% experienced name-calling
- 19.7% were accused of child abuse
- 17.8% lost friendships or were disinvited from social gatherings